Friday, August 15, 2014

The Desires of Our Heart

This morning as I was enjoying my quiet time reading my devotional, something came to me regarding Psalm 37:4 which reads:
 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
If I am delighting in the Lord, won't the desires of my heart be what His will is and not my own?  They should be...should being the key word here.  That is easier said than done, though!  With still being in this world and human, we too often desire what we want instead of what He wants for our life.

This makes me think of our struggle with infertility...what is His will for our life?  Sure most couples wish and desire for children that are a blend of their own DNA and to experience the miracle of pregnancy and childbirth.  We did...and still do from time to time.  However, we do also delight in the Lord, so our ultimate desire of our heart should be His desire for our life which sometimes differs from our own desires.  What we need to keep in mind, though, when it does differ is that God's plan is ALWAYS better than our plan because He knows the Big Plan - eternity.  Which is why here lately I've also been trying to keep my focus Ephesians 3:20, "Now to Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."  Exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think...that is truly amazing and mind boggling to think about!

So today as we continue on our day, let's work on making our desires His desires.  What are His desires for our life?  They are exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think!  That is surely worthy of our continual delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment