Monday, August 10, 2015

Encourage to be an Enoch

There is a children's lesson plan entitled "Dare to be a Daniel" that teaches them to stand strong for their faith.  It made me think of perhaps what adults need now to strengthen their faith...encouraged to be an Enoch.

I heard in the sermon yesterday that the average Christian spends only 90 seconds a day in dedicated devotional time.  This made my heart very sad because I know how defeated I feel when I only get a few minutes of devotional time a day.  I cannot imagine having less than 2 minutes.  I think the Church needs a "promotion" if you will of encouraging their congregation to be Enochs.  Why you ask?

In two different verses in Genesis 5 it says, "And Enoch walked with God".  In Hebrews 11:5 it says, "By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, 'and was not found, because God had taken him'; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

Enoch was Methuselah's father.  Beside that fact and the above verses, that's about all we know about Enoch.  But, wow, do we really need to know more?  He walked with God, and he pleased God. What a powerful testimony!  That's why I'm saying we need to encourage Christians to be Enochs. That long after we're gone, our testimony will be that we pleased God & walked with Him!  Afterall, isn't that all that matters anyway?

So start today - become an Enoch!


No comments:

Post a Comment